Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Book Review: Swinging On A Star

Swinging On A Star by Janice Thompson

Anyone who knows me knows that I read voraciously, which is why I love having the opportunity to review books for Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

Swinging On A Star is the second in the Weddings by Bella series, written by Janice Thompson. Bella Rossi is taking over her familys wedding planning business. I planned and ran weddings for about 5 years at a hotel, so this made it even more fun for me.

The fairy tale wedding that Bella is planning has a requires the building of a castle and it's own Hollywood certified Prince slash hottest available movies star as it's best man. Bella's family is full of characters that are hilarious and loveable, but never too over the top.

The thing that really got me about Swinging On A Star is it's underlying Christian theme. It's part of the core of this book, but not in a way that knocks you over the head. This is a great book that that will take you away and leave you wanting more.

Swinging On A Star is available now at your favoritebookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group. Check it out & tell 'em Mimi sent ya!

6 comments:

said...

Sounds like a lovely book Pam!

p.s. I bet you've got some wedding-planning stories to tell!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Sounds like a great book! Thanks for sharing it with us. I love to read too.

It's good to see you blogging again. Take care my friend!

Sueann said...

Yes does sound like a great book to read. Thanks for sharing
Hugs
SueAnn

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

sounds like a good read. I will get it this weekend and let you know my take on it.

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

wish I had the time to read... great fun post

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the sweet review. I'm so thrilled you liked the book. - Janice Thompson