Sunday, September 4, 2011

Project 365 - Week 36



Here's a look at my world straight out of the camera.

Sunday 8/28 - Saturday 9/3

Sunday

My mom's dog Buster with one of her quilts in progress.  Nothing's better than having a mother for a quilter as you will see later in this post.


Monday

A cool grasshopper that Chris caught on our front window.


Tuesday

Keds that my mom gave me.  They were my grandmother's.  I'll never be able to fill her shoes.  Ever.  I'm not putting myself down, just stating one of those facts.  They just don't make 'em like her anymore.


Wednesday

John marked up the Schwan's catalog with stuff he'd like to get.  I wonder if it's worth the money.  I find myself not making too many meals for the family because unlike before gastroparesis when I used to love to cook, now I hate the whole process.  That's guilt inducing.

Thursday

The Sleep Number Bed people sent me a True Silver Blanket to review over on Pet Blogs United.  The pure silver fibers naturally repel bacteria, dust and odors, making it a great blanket to use when pets share your bed with you.



Friday

Oskar trying out the True Silver Blanket!

Saturday

Chris & I finally decided to pull out the yo-yo bed cover my mom made for us years ago.  Each circle was cut & sewn by her.  I'll post more about this in a day or two.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  To see the other Project 365 players, click over to Sara's blog.






Project 365 button designed by http://richgift.blogspot.com

11 comments:

LuAnn said...

Love, love, love the yo-yo quilt. My mom has one my grandma made hanging on the wall.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Oh how I loved the quilts The yo-yo one was awesome. Loved the sleep number picture with Oskar. He is such a cutey! Have a safe and happy Labor Day my friend! xxoo K

sara said...

I loved having the Schwans's man come to my house when we lived in IN!!! Something about the door to door delivery and straight to my freezer!!!

Those Keds look BRAND new!!! fun you can wear your grandmother's size and enjoy them!

Emily said...

Oskar looks so cute under his new blanket. And I love that yo-yo bed cover!! Hope all is well with you and your family. Have a great Labor Day weekend! :)

semperfi said...

Love the quilts!!! I do a little quilting. The yo-yo one is beautiful. Kim

Queenie Jeannie said...

I hope you guys are having a good weekend! Happy Labor day!

Robin Lambright said...

Great week! What a blessing to have grandam's shoes! I know exactly how you feel about not being able to fill them!

Blessings
R

The Davidson Den said...

Beautiful quilts!! Love quilts made by someone special!

That True Silver Blanket sounds really interesting. Never heard of such a thing.

Have a great Labor Day!

Amy said...

beautiful quilts!
I love schwans. their pot roast is fabulous!!
the grasshopper picture freaked me out--I'm TERRIFIED of them!!

The Bug said...

My mom used to LOVE Schwanns - but I think my dad finally decided that they were too rich for his blood.

LOVE the yo yo bed cover! Our neighbor is working on one - I think they're so cool.

riTa Koch said...

That silver blanket is what my B &
SIL need. Thanks for the idea.