Friday, October 29, 2010

I Love Mail

"Good" mail that is.  E-mail too.  It makes me happy every time I have something fun in the mail box or in my in-box.

That's why I joined Postcrossing.  Postcrossing is a place where you exchange postcards with people all over the world.  I've sent cards to just about any country you can imagine & love receiving them.  I may never get to travel to China or Denmark, but I love knowing that a little postcard can go there. 

Since I'm a nerd I keep all of my postcards in little plastic sleeves in a binder.  I am also a member of Swap-Bot & love to swap postcards & Artist Trading Cards (ATCs).

At Swap-Bot you sign up for different kinds of swaps, depending on what you like, and then it matches you with swap partners. 

ATC's are baseball card-sized works of art that you trade with other people.  I love having cards from all over in my collection.

If you're interested in more "good" mail in your mailbox check out these 2 sites, it's a lot of fun.

4 comments:

Mimi N said...

I love postcards, too. When I have friends go to another country I ask them to bring me a coin back because I collect those too.

~Meems

Veronica Lee said...

I used to collect postcards when I was in middle school. I had pen-pals from all over!!!

Amy said...

Oh how fun...

Have a great Halloween..

Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE said...

this is such a cool idea - having post cards from all over is great. Some of the post cards I have seen would make really nice pictures on the wall with just a little frame. The frame protects the card and gives you some interesting art for your wall.