Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday Moanin'


There used to be a Detroit newspaper columnist named Bob Talbert who did a column every Monday called Monday Moanin'.  I've decided to copy his idea and put all my Monday crap here on the blog in hopes of ridding myself of it. 

I think I'll make this a weekly feature and next Monday I'll put up a linky if you want to play along.
  1. I drank rum last night & now I feel like crud.  Note to self, there is a reason that you're not supposed to drink!
  2. Our car got toalled last week so now we're down to one vehicle.  The insurance processor took Friday off without letting us know so now the power of attorney we could have gotten done over the weekend will have to wait for my husband to do it over his lunch hour one day this week.  The insurnace processor says it's not urgent.  It's urgent for us!  We have 3 drivers and one vehicle.  Unless you want to count our 1986 motor home that gets approximately .2 miles per gallon.
  3. I've got more snot in my system than should be allowed.  Please can this cold thing go away.  It's only been 3 weeks!
  4. I feel like crud, see #1 & #3.
There is good news though.  Today I get to see my good friend Diand from Good Mourning Glory.  A hug from her will make today so much better.

What are you moanin' about today?

6 comments:

Amy DM said...

Sorry, no moanin' here. Life is pretty good. Dieting is good for my Monday mornings--only one tiny drink on Sunday evening means a much better wake up moment.

Mimi N said...

First of all, I love...LOVE...the new look of your site. Congrats on your win at the Bloggy Design site! And I'm sorry you're feeling so crappy. Rum...my system couldn't handle it! I had my van worked on last week and that cost a good $500. Also can't find my cash that I had left in the van. Sigh...I hear ya. Feel better.

~Mimi

The Bipolar Diva said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about all of that! I'd be moanin' too!

sAm said...

Awww...I miss Bob Talbert! I think you shall make a very good replacement for me, though...hope you feel better soon!

Sueann said...

i am so jealous! You get to see Diane!!! Arg!! Wish I could have joined you!!! So the rum didn't help the cold? Drink enough of it and you won't care about the cold or the snot! Ha! It is those morning afters that get ya though!!
Feel better soon!
And a totaled car really sucks! Hope they finally have that taken care of for you so you can get another one.
Hugs
SueAnn

Ingrid said...

Luv the idea behind the moaning Monday. Great way to clear your mind for the rest of the week.
'BloggerSwap'-JustIngrid