Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Is It September Yet?

Now obviously I love my boys, but...

I wanna get them out of my house! It's been a kozillion degrees with humidity thru the roof here in Michigan. The boys don't want to ride their bikes or hang out outside, I get that.

But I'm tired of them draped all over the living room, bickering over who gets to watch t.v., play Nintendo/Playstation/Wii/use the computer. While we have every electronic device available to teens there is nothing to do.

They wander into the kitchen (where I sit at my computer trying to do my schoolwork) & stand in front of the fridge, staring at the same contents that were there when they did this 15 minutes before. While we have a stocked fridge, chest freezer, cupboards & pantry, there is apparently never anything to eat here.

Their friends call, drop by, text, IM & send MySpace messages, but there is no one around.

Even the dog looks bored. I know I'll regret this in a few months, but right now I can't wait to get them back in school & have them ignoring & annoying their teachers instead of me.

No comments: