Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I R Tiny Kitteh

The oldest pet here in Mimi-ville is Chloe. Say hello Chloe.

Photobucket

Chloe is fat full-figured. I, myself, happen to be on the plump side. I was very skinny (size 0 or 2) up until I got pregnant for the first time. I am still struggling to lose that baby weight. (Yes it does too, still count even if my first baby is almost 17!)

There is not a day when I do not realize that I am chubby. Chloe on the other hand seems to have no issues with her size. She is quite good at wedging herself into things that are really too small for her.


Photobucket

I hate having my picture taken if I think I will look fat. As you can see, Chloe has no issues exposing her shortcomings, or largecomings as this photo with her belly shows!

Photobucket

She is so unfazed, she just went back to her rigorous schedule of napping.

Photobucket

O.K., cute chubby kitten aside, what is my point, you may be asking...

My point is this. While I realize that Chloe is a cat with the brain the size of a walnut, a lot of us can probably learn something from her. At 41 years old, I can count the number of times I have ever been happy with my body on one hand.

When I was a size 2 who could eat everything in sight with not consequences, I was not happy because I had small boobs & no real curves. I so wanted to have cleavage to show off. When I went up to a size 10, I was apalled at my fatness. Now at a 16 I would gnaw off a couple of toes to go back to a 10 & be sag-free.

Chloe is happy with herself just as she is. She has not wasted years of her life always feeling badly about herself. Maybe we should all try to learn a lesson from Chloe!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a fat cat too! Her name is Kitty. Yeah, not very creative I know, but we let our 6 year old (then 2) name her when we got her.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Too funny! I love kitties. Our oldest is a 14 yr old male named Morris. He has been with us ever since he was a kitten. I don't know what we will do when something happens to him.

You have a very good point, though. Yes, we need to take care of our bodies & eat healthy. But we do not need to be so caught up in our size and/or weight.

Thanks for sharing & thanks for the laughs!

Lynette said...

Hey there - found you through "blogstalkers" and think you are very funny - just saying!! Hate the whole weight loss/gain issue - when you discover the secret of acceptance, please share it OK?!?! We have a cat that does the same thing your's is doing - stuffing her self in things she can't fit in!!

Lynette said...

OH PS - loved your undie story on June's blog!! I don't think I would have had the guts to go back and get them - fav undies or not!!

He & Me + 3 said...

I loved that post. I hear ya. I don't particularly like my size right now, but it is what it is and I am trying each day to be comfortable in my own skin.

Sister Mary Martha said...

We've been talking about weight for the last couple of days over at my blog. I would like to see St. Thomas Aquinas, the patron saint of the weight gifted, stuff himself into a clementine box.

Super B's Mom said...

You speak LOL Cat too! Oh how I miss my fat kitty. :(

Love your blog. Found you by way of June!