Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Great Contest & A Great Project

Tiffany from The R Family Diaries and The Secret is in the Sauce is giving away 2 $100.00 Target gift cards. She has been chosen by Pepperidge Farm to be among the faculty of Fishful Thinking. According to Tiffany, "Fishful thinking is an initiative that offeres parents tools to foster optimism in kids."

I actually have tears. The focus on optimism is my favorite thing. I have a son who is 17 & one who is 13 & sometimes it's hard for them to feel optimistic about things.

My 17 year old has not been able to find a job. All of the positions here in Michigan that teens would normally fill are filled by unemployed auto workers, etc.

Graduating high school doesn't mean a whole lot. You graduate high school, so you can get into a good college & get a degree, but he knows plenty of kids who have that degree & still have no job.

Our kids need optimism & as a parent I am stretched thin to continue to make them feel optimistic, when I'm running low myself.

To find out more about Fishful thinking and to enter the contest to win one of 2 $100.00 click
here.

4 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I will go check it out now. thanks!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

love SITS! and i just saw that you are friends with he and me +3, who i love too!!!

thanks for commenting for cora and paige!

Joy said...

Too bad our President and the leaders of our country can't pump a little bit of encouragement to today's young people. I'm so tired of the doom and gloom he spews. Oh, how I wish for the Ronald Reagan days.


Joy

Tiffany said...

Thank you so MUCH for your beautiful post and your support!