Sunday, September 27, 2009

Musical Monday


My first concert was The Blues Brothers! John Belushi as Joliet Jake & Dan Akroyd as Elwood Blues. I was about 12 years old & I begged my parents to take me to the concert for my birthday. We sat on the grass lawn of the Pine Knob Music theater & I couldn't figure out why everyone kept trying to pass my parents funny smelling cigarettes, lol!

I cannot even begin to describe the energy of John Belushi. He would cartwheel and backflip all the way back & forth across the stage. He had an oxygen tank at either end. Now I'm sure he was probably rocket-fueled by heavens only know what kind of drug.

The only video I can find to embed is the trailer from The Blues Brothers movie. If you watch to about a minute and a half in and keep watching, you'll seem them in action. I feel really lucky to have seen them live, they were great performers.


This is where I curse & say bad words because NOTHING will imbed from YouTube for me today. Here's the link if you're interested. Sorry!
For more Musical Monday, go visit Diane or Jori.

11 comments:

If I Could Escape . . . said...

The Blues Brothers rock! Sounds like amazing memories of an awesome first concert!

Happy MM!

Lori L. Clark Art said...

Oh that is an awesome first concert! The Blues Brothers! I remember going to the theater and seeing their movie. "We're on a mission from God."

Carleen said...

I hear the Blues Brothers and automatically think "Rubber Biscuits," LOL! It must have been a blast to see them live.

said...

Now that's quite a rare and lucky memory you have! Wow!

And I love that you call it Pine Knob too. It's SO not DTE Energy Music Theater...or whatever they've called it now that it's been bought out!

Anonymous said...

No worries about the emmbed thing the link was fine and the video was lots of fun to watch!

Diane said...

cool!!

funny smelling cigarettes lol!

i get so frustrated with all the good videos not being embedded! curse them all!!!!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Pine Knob is such a great place to hear a concert.

Margo said...

what a great concert to have seen! I adore that movie.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...funny smelling cigarettes LOL. Too funny. I haven't heard the Blues Brother's in like forever. Excellent my friend :) Happy MM :)

Hazel said...

I haven't heard them. But I like to imagine the energy that you described these perfomers had. Like Thom, I noticed the funny smelling cigarettes :-)

betty-NZ said...

The Blues Brothers movies are my family's favorites! Sometimes one of us just breaks out in one of the songs--especially a weird version of 'John the Revelator'!