Friday, July 8, 2011

I'm Home

Well I made it out of the hospital late on Thursday, but a tragedy has taken me down the path of depression.

My next door neighbor was shot & killed, by his older brother, on July 3rd.  This man & his wife have been so good to me, especially when I was a single mom struggling to make a go of it.  His kindess and compassion came through in every conversation I ever had with him.  He was a man of God and a man of goodness.  This has shaken me to my core and is making me re-evaluate the way I live each day of my life.

Please keep his beloved wife Joan and their whole family in your prayers.  I'll be back to posting more regularly when I clear some of the shock and pain out of my system.  I know he is with our Heavenly Father, but his loss will be felt every single day by me and those that knew him.
Thank you in advance for your prayers.

10 comments:

sara said...

oh my gosh, Mimi. You and his family are in my prayers!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Oh wow...that's terrible! I will definitely pray for his family and friends!

Glad to hear you're home again!

Rebecca Jo said...

Oh.My.Gosh!!! That is horrible. I'm so sorry... life is just so rough sometimes & hard to understand.

Lifting prayers for his family & for his friends, like you, who are suffering from the loss of someone who sounds like a wonderful man.

Giving you hugs too

said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Pam.

Sweet Tea said...

What a shock and a loss. I'm so sorry.

Glad you're home. Hope you're feeling better.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Hugs to you!!!! What a horrible thing to have happened. These things cut so deeply and never seem to make any sense. Please call me if you need to or want to, OK?

More hugs and prayers!

Sueann said...

I was just thinking and praying for you this morning!! I am so glad you are home.
Oh what a tragedy...I am so sorry and my heart is breaking for his wife and family and for you and all who know him. So sad! And so senseless!!
Hugging you and I will definitely pray right now!
SueAnn

Carolina said...

I'm glad you are home, but so sorry to hear this shocking news. How terrible it must be for all who knew him. What a senseless act. Wishing you and all the people who liked/loved him all the strength you need to cope with this tragic loss. You are in my thoughts.

Big virtual hug for you Pam,
x
Carolina

The Bug said...

I'm so sorry for your loss - loss is always hard, but sudden tragic loss is the worst. Take care of yourself. We'll be here when you feel like coming back.

BARBIE said...

Oh this is terrible! I am so sorry. Please know I will be praying. And please take care of yourself.