Sunday, September 7, 2008

There's No Place Like Home

Howdy folks! If there is actually anyone out there who reads my little blog, you may have noticed that I have been gone for a while. I was in the hospital for 8 days, I came home on Thursday. I'm doing well, just working to get my energy back.

I missed the boys first day of school for the first time ever. Now JD is a junior & Jack in his 2nd year of junior high (I guess you're supposed to say "middle school" now, but I've never really been a conformer.) Anywhoo, not any earth shattering first days, but I still hated not being here.

The Dr's would have kept me in the hospital longer & in some ways I enjoyed it. My room had a nice view of trees, a housekeeper said I had the best view in the hospital. I had a flat screen TV that also had on demand movies. I had a beautiful blue wall to look at & I really mean that. It was the perfect soothing blue. Oh yeah & folks pumped me full of pain meds every few hours, brought me crushed ice whenever I wanted & every night I got to have either cherry or lemon ice thingies that were out of this world. I'm pretty sure I would have thought that even without the narcotics.

I just missed my boys too much. Way too much. Chris, John David, Jack & yes even Oskar. I needed them more than I needed a few more days of medicine to keep the pain at bay. They are the best medicine ever.

Thanks to you Lord for getting me through this tough time & for taking care of my family while I was gone.

No comments: