Friday, September 25, 2009

My Favorite New Cooking Blog

MarvelousRecipes

My new friend Emily at Marvelous Recipes has the most amazing blog full of really, really good, mom friendly recipes that I have ever seen.

I have tried several of her recipes and they have all been plate-lickers. Check this out:

Tender chicken in a delightful sauce served over hot cooked rice. A marvelously easy and delicious dinner!

2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups hot cooked rice

In a heavy skillet, over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the cubed chicken, chopped onion and garlic; cook until the meat is no longer pink.

Stir in the remaining ingredients, except the rice; cover and cook over medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over hot cooked rice. Makes 4 servings.

Chris & I made this on a night when the boys weren't here. It's a good thing because the 2 of us snarfed this up like little piggies!

Check out Emily's blog, Marvelous Recipes and tell her Mimi sent ya!

9 comments:

Emily @ Marvelous Recipes said...

Thanks Mimi!! When my son first suggested I do this blog, I was rather nervous about it, especially since I'm not very computer smart. But,it has been a wonderful adventure for me. I am amazed by all the really great friends,like you,who have been so supportive of me. Again, let me say "thank you" for for all your comments of encouragement and for featuring my blog in this post! Many blessings!

He & Me + 3 said...

Holy Moly that looks so good. I hope you are feeling 100% better.

Carolina said...

I'll be making this with the chicken substitute called Quorn En Des. Should taste really good. I'm going over to the marvelous recipes blog. Ideas for a quick good dinner are always welcome. Thanks for giving us the link. Hope you feel better :-)

heidi said...

Oh YUM!! I'm making my bi-monthly menu so this link came at JUST the right time. Thanks, Mimi!

CB said...

Oohhh I love good cooking blogs thanks for the heads up. I am actually (supposed to be hee hee) making my grocery list right now so I will check it out.

Anonymous said...

What phrase... super

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Good post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.