Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wonderful Treasure From Italy

I've been friends with Jeannie from Jeannie's Happy World for years.  After years of living in Georgia while her husband was stationed there and was in Iraq (Army), she finally got her dream of him being stationed in Italy.

She sent me an amazing Christmas package and let me open it early while I was talking to her on the phone.  The outside was all decorated and Oskar knew it smelled good!

This first baggie is full of candies and confections.  Notice how beautifully all of the baggies are decorated.  Jeannie is an amazing card maker & made everything look perfect.

These are Italian truffles.  My husband was begging me to share these each time I bit into one!

She went to the factory to get these samples of extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and balsamic vinegar.

Jeannie stamped the designs on these tea lights & they're wrapped in ribbon.  Everything is just so perfect!

These are minestrone beans that I made up with some smoked sausage, it was so good!

Look at how beautiful these beans are!


Jeannie knows that I like pea soup so she sent me this one.  It was really fresh & light, perfect for a day I was having tummy trouble.  I had to use Google Traslator to figure out how to make it, lol.

Here's all of my delicious booty, all made in the region where she lives.  Right by Venice...I'm so jealous I can't see straight, but so happy that she finally got to go to Italy.

Stop by Jeannie's Happy World and give her some love.

She's former Air Force, her husband is in the Army, her oldest daughter just finished Air Force basic training, her son-in-law is in the Army & her son is getting ready to graduate high school and go into the service this year.  They are a family working hard to protect our country & I'm so proud that she's my friend.  Especially when she's sending so many yummy goodies my way ;-)

8 comments:

joe tacoma said...

How fantastic is that? She is so creative---and all class! I received one of her wonderful cards.

Unknown said...

So you knew I was sitting here hungry as can be and you show me this?? It all looks so wonderful!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

What a great package! She sounds like a great blog friend. I'll definitely have to check out her blog.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Awwww! You took pictures!! It was so fun listening to you open everything up, lol. I just wish we could have been together!!! I knew when I saw that (disgusting, lol!) pea soup that you had to have it. Now that I know you like it, I'll pick up some more next time I'm out. And you'll have to tell me how to make the bean soup because I love it, but have no clue how to make it. When I see those bags of beans.....I think kid art projects!!!

Hugs!

Sueann said...

I follow her blog and was also happy she made it to Italy. What beautiful and scrumptious looking goodies she has sent you!! Those beans are amazing!
Hugs
SueAnn

Liz Mays said...

Jeannie is wonderful and that was so sweet that she sent you an Italian gift package!!!

Emily said...

Aren't you the lucky one! Everything looks simply beautiful and I know you are enjoying it all (if there is anything left)! Wishing you a great day! :)

Rebecca Jo said...

What a fun international gift! :) It all looks so yummy! Were the truffles a piece of heaven? hmmm....