Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Great Holiday Gifts!

I’m always looking for holiday gifts I can make myself, but gifts that aren’t lame!

Living here in Michigan we have cold winters. Quilts are at a premium at our house. I do know how to sew, but rarely have the time to drag out my sewing machine, remember how to thread the thing, find the proper thread tension to the needle, finding a bobbin, etc.

Eureka! I found the perfect solution. No sew fleece blankets. Check out the link for the instructions, along with pictures. I'm going to invite all my friends over, have everyone bring a yummy dish to pass, some fleece fabric & spend a night having fun and making these!


You can find the super fuzzy fleece material at any fabric store like Michaels, or JoAnn Fabrics. It comes in patterns to match any color and any age group. I found peace signs, BMX bikes, Scottie dogs & camouflage all in an anti-pill fleece for only $6.49 per yard, and that’s just a few of the 269 types of fleece at one web site. For the man or boy in your life you can even find MLB, NBA, NFL & NCAA fabrics. That means you can create a no sew fleece blanket for anyone you know for under $10.00.


Just so you know what your getting yourself into, let me give you the list of supplies you'll need to make one of these. Fabric & scissors. Yep, you heard me, just fabric & scissors. While you're making them make sure to make one for yourself.

Check it out & I'll see you at the fabric store!




3 comments:

Rachael said...

Things have been hard this year, so cheap presents that I can put some time into instead are great!

He & Me + 3 said...

We made about 10 of them one year for Christmas...they were wonderful gifts and everyone loved them. They are soooooooo warm!

sassy stephanie said...

We are dipping pine cones in colored/scented was this year to bundle up in sheer fabric...fire starters! Yay for my neighbor that gave me the idea!

Thanks for sharing in my SITS day with me!