Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Hope For Tomorrow

I always feel such a cool rush when I go & vote, especially in a presidential year. I used to always make a point to take my boys with me so I could let them know what an privilege it is to live in the U.S.A. (They are half Canadian, so in my opinion they have the best of both worlds. They are both U.S. citizens, but in case of a draft that they don't agree with, they can legally live in Canada.)

Anywho, I have been frustrated by the seeminly endless months of campaigning. I have not made this blog a forum for my political choice, but there is one thing that I really want all of us to try to do tomorrow.

Support whoever wins. That's my plan. Whether it's "my guy" or the "other guy" that person needs the support of this entire nation. We cannot go on being a country torn apart. Of course there are issues we won't agree with, but honestly who agrees with everything any candidate stands for.

Let's all just try, give whoever wins a chance. Pray for our new president-to-be & pray for our country.

(I'll put my soapbox back in the closet now!)

1 comment:

Queenie Jeannie said...

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so tired of the negative campaign ads!! Like we don't have enough negativity in the world already???

Great post!