Friday, November 21, 2008

Men...

I just truly do not get it. It's really a shame too since I live with 3 of them!

My husband is watching a show called Survivor Man. This guy goes out into the woods by himself & has to survive on his own. On this episode he's brought 2 horses for a journey through the Rocky Mountains. He's really out there on his own, he even films himself.

Now I'm not really sure why he's doing this, but I'm following along as he looks for shelter, makes fire & even eats an earthworm for sustenence. I'm with him right up until the point where he sets up his electric fence for the horses...crazy man say what?!?

The man brings a battery operated electric fence & he can't pack a sandwich! Maybe a bag of rice, some beef jerkey & a little granola. My mommy brain just can't wrap itself around the point of this. Obviously this man needs himself a wife to make him a nice list before he leaves.

I have been exposed to this type of show before. Hubby has watched Man vs. Wild. This is the same type of thing, but he's not alone, he has camera people that go with him, but they can't help him. I was watching with Chris one night & Bear Grylls (the host) was tracking through some desert. He didn't have any water. The man took off his shirt, peed on it, sucked the pee out of the shirt to quench his thirst, & then put the pee shirt on his head to keep him cool. WTF?

He really did it, he didn't just pretend for demonstration purposes. I stayed on the couch only until the dry heaves subsided & then left my husbands side to go read a nice book.

Go ahead honey, tell me one more time how my shows are silly.

8 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

They do watch some strange stuff. I wonder about them too! Nice picture BTW. I like it!

Aunt Julie said...

My SIL has 4 sons, a hubz and 2 male dogs. I think she can feel your pain! Hey there, SITSta, I've got a Great Giveaway Goin' On. Please drop by my place to Check. It. Out!

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

Oh those shows are crazy! But men do love them....I live with 4, my hubby and 3 sons. I gave up on watching "girly" stuff a long time ago.
And I would rather die of thirst then drink pee....ugh.

Queenie Jeannie said...

LOL!!! That is weird....and way gross!!

Where ya been? You've been greatly missed!!!!

Jennifer said...

Hi Mimi--I'm assignimg your letter for the challenge: "H"!! Good luck!!

Queenie Jeannie said...

I left you an award on my blog!

Rachael said...

There is pretty much nothing that could convince me that I should do those things. It's like I just read this book about a guy who moved to rural Spain and lived in what basically amounted to a shack. I have NO DESIRE whatsoever to do that. I like the internet, TV, heat and food. And NOT drinking my own pee.

threesidesofcrazy said...

It's a guy thing is an acceptable phrase in this house only because after living with all guys for so long I find it is how I keep my sanity. But seriously I am still LMAO over the dessert scene!