Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tuesday's Tip Jar

Photobucket
My tip this week is to find great ways to make homemade gifts for the holidays. I have a book that has all kinds of great recipes that you make up in advance, like bean soup, or dip mix, and then give with the recipe for completing the dish. Years like this when the economy is so bad being able to give a nice homemade gift is really worth the time to check it out.
Food Gifts From Your Kitchen is a great site to check out. It has tons of great ideas for nice homemade gifts.

You can also find the books at your local library. The Perfect Mix is one that I bought years ago & absolutely love.

Photobucket

Check out http://www.blogmommas.com/ for more from Tuesday's Tip Jar.


7 comments:

Ali said...

I just found mini loaf pans at Garden Ridge for $0.99/each! They are ceramic and oven-safe (and holiday-decorated)! I intend on filling them with a fresh-baked mini loaf of bread and giving them to neighbors for Christmas. Not only will they be able to enjoy a delicious treat, but they can use the mini loaf pan for their own decorating. And I bet I don't even spend a total of $2/person!

Ali said...

Meant to say "baking," not "decorating" - oops!

Rebecca said...

I really love this tip! This year money is so tight for everyone and finding ways to make homemade gifts is top priority for us.

Happy Tuesday!
:)
Becki@BlogMommas

Unknown said...

This is a wonderful way to gift during the holidays I LOVE it...stopping by from SITS to say Hi

Jenn said...

Love it!

He & Me + 3 said...

Great tip...I think homemade gifts are the best! Come from the heart!

Anonymous said...

What a great tip! I have been bookmarking various homemade gift ideas links, and I added to this my list. Thanks!