Friday, September 17, 2010

What Blogging Means To Me ~ Back To Blogging Day 5



Today's assignment is to write about what blogging means to you. Why do you blog? What purpose does it serve you and how have you benefited from sharing a piece of yourself online this way?

Whew, that's a big one for me.  As a person with bi-polar, social anxiety disorder & gastroparesis, I don't have that many IRL friends.  Those that I do have I have trouble seeing often (although I am getting better!)

Blogging has meant long lasting friendships, people out there who I know honestly care about me & who I honestly care about.

It means meeting some of the kindest, funniest people who inspire me and make me laugh.

It means a place to be me, free from fear or self doubt.

It means a place to chronicle my life, the good, the bad and the ugly.

It means saying prayers for strangers and knowing they are doing the same for me.

In short, blogging, helped to open up my world, when it had become very, very small.  For that I thank all of my blogging friends. 

7 comments:

Grace Adams said...

Wow. I've never thought about blogging that way. Count me in as one of your new friends.

Unknown said...

All very good reasons!!

Keep up the bloggin!

Deb said...

That's awesome that blogging has been able to do that for you!! I agree completely that blogging has helped me find my voice, which had been hiding for a very long time, both online and in real life.

Congrats on completing Back to Blogging--and good luck with the contest!!

Teresa @ ♥ Too Many Heartbeats ♥ said...

Wow, I could have written almost all of this post myself because I can TOTALLY relate to what you have said. I suffer from a very rare and serious neurovascular illness called Dysautonomia. It has left me homebound and bedridden for quite some time. Because of my illness, I also suffer from Gastroparesis and I also deal with some situational depression and some anxiety, mostly due to some of the meds that I take. It all has put a huge strain on my family and my friendships. My family has stood firmly by my side, but the majority of my friendships have faded into the background and I don't see them much anymore. I truly thank the Lord for the amazing friends I have made online. I have received SO MUCH support, encouragement and lots and lots of prayers. It has truly been a blessing.

I saw your blog on the SITS and was fascinated by your title because I am Mimi to my 2 adorable grandsons. I'm so glad I stopped by! I am now following you and I look forward to coming back and reading more. I have been having a really rough few weeks, so my visiting and commenting has been very minimal. I hope things improve soon so that I can visit more soon.

It is very nice to 'meet' you!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Blessings,

Teresa <><

♥ Too Many Heartbeats ♥

He & Me + 3 said...

You summed up blogging very well. It sure has opened up a whole new world.
So glad we met via blog world.

Karen M. Peterson said...

That's such a nice tribute to your blogging friends. I love blogging for that very same reason.

Sueann said...

I too have lost IRL friends due to my bipolar disorder. Mostly to my own doing I might add. But my blogging friends are a whole different story! They are true blue and stand by me through thick and thin. I love blogging! And I am glad we have met!
Hugging you
SueAnn