We celebrated Thanksgiving with my family the Sunday before. We had tons of leftovers that my mom sent & I froze them so we didn't get turkied out that week. (Little did I know then, that I wouldn't be eating any dinner on Thanksgiving seeing as how I was in the emergency room.)
Tonight I thawed all of the fixins and set about making an easy meal for the fam. While trying to cut a large chunk of semi-frozen turkey, my knife slipped and I narrowly avoided cutting my thumb. Luckily this time I was able to avoid injury to myself, but in the process I sent the cutting board covered in turkey shooting skyward. Just like snow falling from the heavens, turkey rained down in our kitchen.
Oskar, faithfully waiting for me to drop any morsel, was stunned to see the meat he could smell, landing all around him and covering his head & back. He just stood there frozen, staring at the food all around him. He didn't even try to eat any of it, he was just shocked. Jack cleaned the turkey off of his head, Chris swept up the turkey from the floor & I came to my computer & sat down.
At the somewhat young age of 41, I think I am swearing off preparing, or even re-heating, any Thanksgiving type food.