Friday, December 19, 2008

Update On My Owie!

I've had a few people ask me how my burn was doing. I gave myself a 2nd degree burn on Thanksgiving when I poured boiling gravy on my hand.

Photobucket

It looks totally fantastic compared to what it was. I had a huge blister the size of a golf ball & after that popped the sensation of the nerves healing was pretty intense. It's been really painful & has been a real lesson on what people who have been badly burned must go through. Thanks to God that it wasn't worse.

I am greatful for all your prayers & well wishes.

xoxo

5 comments:

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

OMG! That is what it looks like AFTER a few weeks? You are a strong woman... I would still be crying. I hope it heals up very quickly and causes no more pain.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Ouch, that does look painful! I am glad it is healing well. I pray it continues to heal & heal quickly!

He & Me + 3 said...

Yikes, that is huge...I didn't realize it was so big. You poor thing. Glad to know that you are doing better though. Phew!

Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE said...

OMG Pam, I hadn't realized how bad it was - you had said it was a burn but after a few weeks and its still that inflamed looking? You were so very lucky.

Thank God its getting better - now could ya be more careful with Christmas dinners??? Please.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I had no idea! I can't imagine how painful that must have been or still is.