Friday, November 19, 2010

Friday Fragments

Mommy's Idea

Nothing much going on today, so I'm going to try some Friday Fragments with Half-Past Kissin' Time.

We think my husbands kidney stone may have passed painlessly.  He hasn't had any pain since Wednesday night.  He's not using the little pee strainer he's supposed to be using, he says it's too annoying.  Of course he would be mad at me for not doing that.  He's supposed to catch the stone so that they can see what it's made of so he can avoid them in the future.  Men!

My anxiety has been up.  The holiday season is always bad for me.  My depression gets worse & my social anxiety disorder kicks into high gear with so many events, gatherings and parties.  I really hate that this disorder can take away the joy that so many others get to feel.  It's not just me, it's no fun for my family, cause I'm always super stressy.

Plus the holidays are filled with tons of food everywhere, much of it I would love to eat, but can't because of my gastroparesis.  Wouldn't that make you grumpy?

I think I want a Kindle for Christmas, but if I get one I think I want the new $389 one & not the $150 older version, but what if I don't like it.  It wish I could go into a store & see it, try it before I buy it.

I can't find a Stretch Armstrong.  When my boys are little they had them & called him Stretchie-Betchie.  Jack wants one this year (yes, he's 15) and I don't think they make them anymore.  Toys R Us online doesn't have them.  If you see one let me know.

I think that's all the fragments I have time to share today.  Have a great weekend, friends!

11 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Men - they dont have patience even when they pee! haha!

Oh friend - you sound like me... the holidays - my anxiety level is at an all time high & I suspect my depression to hit me hard as soon as my tree is up... I totally relate & understand!!!

Rebecca Jo said...

Oh... also - I want a Kindle too! ;) We have to be sisters!

Mimi N said...

Ugh, he just doesn't want you to share his stone with us. Big baby! LOL

I'm so sorry your stress sky rockets during the holidays when you "should" be enjoying the time with friends and family. Maybe it shouldn't be seen as a "should" any more. Very few people are truly happy during this time because and it's actually normal during this time of year to be out of it.

You're not in this alone sister!

~Meems

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Have you tried ebay or etsy for the Stretch Armstrong. Love ya and have a great weekend.

kel said...

I hear ya with the anxiety. I'm the same way. boo.

Dawn said...

I'm here from FF.

I'm sorry to hear about your anxiety. I suffer with is as well.

I'd love to have a Kindle too!

Sueann said...

This time of year is stressy on everyone!! So don't beat yourself up now. Be good to yourself and try not to take on more than you feel comfortable with. Say "NO"!
And for your hubby...what can I say...Duh!!!!
Men!!!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Martha said...

As you know, I can totally relate to the stress and anxiety! The fact that it's getting dark so early now doesn't help. The whole "lack of sunlight" thing has become a real trigger for me in recent years.

My hubs probably would have done the same thing, and just like yours would have been so mad at me if I didn't follow the protocol. Men are such alien creatures! But we love them anyway! LOL Hope he did pass it and it's not that it just temporarily "shifted".

I've been dropping hints to whoever will listen that I want a Kindle. Hell, I'll even take the older one! LOL

Have a good weekend and I hope things can level out a bit for you. Wish there was some suggestion I could give you to help combat the anxiety.... if I can figure one out, I'll definitely let you know!

Warm Hugs,
Martha

Queenie Jeannie said...

I love my Kindle!!!! I really don't think you need a $400 one though. I got the $189 one, which they still have....BUT it's smaller and holds double the books! It has wi-fi and a browser but the browser part is a bit slow. I LOVE that I have "books on tap" and that they're cheaper than hard copies. If you wait two weeks after a book comes out, the price drops and there are thousands of books that are FREE!!

Call me if you want more details!

Queenie Jeannie said...

OH!

And I'm so glad Chris is ok!!!

Rachael said...

I want a kindle too! I know they sell them at Best Buy, you can at least look at them, I'm not sure if you can actually use them or not though.