Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My Hubs Is In Pain!

Chris, Oskar & me this summer
I'm used to being sick & being in the hospital, but it's so much worse to watch someone you love in the hospital and in pain.

My handsome hubs Chris left work yesterday and drove himself to the hospital.  If you knew my husband you would know that this is serious.  He never leaves work unless it's an emergency & he usually ignores it when he is sick.

He's home now with a painful diagnosis, a kidney stone.  Well I shouldn't say he's home he's just not in the hospital anymore.  Being the man that he is he is, of course, at work today.  He now has the joy of severe pain whenever this little sucker is on the move with the added bonus of having to pee in a hat-like contraption in hopes of catching this little devil.

Screaming Mimi readers are so awesome at sending prayers and good wishes, so I'd like to ask for some for my husband, Chris.

And yes, you can expect a picture of this tiny terrror of a stone when it passes.  Who doesn't love something to look forward to, right?

11 comments:

sara said...

wow, he is seriously at work?!!! praying for him and you!

Rebecca Jo said...

Oh man!!!! My husband can withstand pain like no other & we had to go to the emergency room when he had kidney stones too... I've never seen anything put him down like that did... they say its so painful for men...

Totally adding him to my prayer list!
Keep us updated... & good luck catching it! (We still have my hubs stone 15 years later...ewww!) haha

Mimi N said...

So sorry that your hubs is in so much pain. Love that you are going to share the stone with us when it's "passed". LOL Praying for your DH.

~Meems

The Bipolar Diva said...

Ouchie! Not good!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Oh no! I hope he feels better soon. I will definitely be praying.

Take care my friend!

Amy DM said...

Will pray. I've heard those are so painful.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Owie!!! That doesn't sound like fun AT ALL! Poor Chris. Big hugs to him and of course prayers. Hopefully it will pass soon and he'll feel better.

Sueann said...

Ow! Ow! Ow! Ouch!! I know this pain well. Having suffered from kidney and gallbladder stones!! Ack!
I will definitely pray for him...poor man! I feel his pain for sure.
Hugs
SueAnn

Marryth said...

Oh gosh, my husband went through the EXACT same thing a couple of years ago, and he scared the heck out of me! He absolutely refuses to go to the doctor for anything, so when he called me from work and said he was going to have to go to the ER...eep! I hope your hubby gets through it quickly. :(

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Bless his heart and prayers are being lifted up for him. They are so painful.

Martha said...

Mimi,

Your sweet hubby has our prayers for sure. My daddy had one many years ago when we were on vacation in Washington DC and he passed it in the hotel room one morning.

It was the only time I remember seeing him that down for the count, and the scream when it passed was like nothing I'd ever heard before. (cringe)

If this doesn't pass soon are they thinking about lithotripsy? (Ultra-sonic procedure - less invasive & breaks it up so the pieces pass easily)

Blessings to hubs and to you as well.
Martha