Friday, November 12, 2010

A New Phase Of Mimi

My friend Beth from I Am Heading Towards My Destiny wrote the other day about moving on to new phases in your life.

I'm working on shedding a skin and growing a new one.  I have spent the last 18+ years being Mom and that was my most consuming passion and role in life.  Now my boys are 18 & 15.  Their paths are diverging more & more from mine as they build their own lives.

John & Jack
 While the role of mom is no less important, it does take up less of my time.  I've defined myself as John & Jack's mom for so long, I don't know how to add more Mimi back into the equation.

Christmas picture outtake
I'm going to start by doing a cross-stitch project for my mom for Christmas.  I haven't done any cross-stitch in years.  It's a small thing, but something I got away from.  Hopefully my eyes are up for it!

I'll do my best to share my progress on this new path with you.  Are you moving onto a new phase in your life?

8 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

What an exciting time to find who YOU are again!!! have fun with it! Remember the best in yourself!! :)

Khadra said...

I feel lost myself right now, but my kids are much younger. It will be some time before I am at the point you are at right now. How exciting though!

Mimi N said...

I haven't been "ME" for nearly 20 yrs and I've got at least another 8-10 before I begin to get out of that phase. By then I won't know if I want to find "ME" again. It will be interesting. Enjoy learning about yourself! I loved Cross-stitching when my girls were younger. I loved scrapping before my I started my websites! LOL

~Meems

Martha said...

Mine has been living in another state for 4 years now and I'm still not completely used to it. I guess I was a tad more prepared because I lost the ability to do as much physically when she was about 16. I had no choice but to rediscover "me", because I was thrust into a completely different life way back then.

It does get better. I promise. You are definitely on the right path by getting back into something you used to do, but had to put on a back burner.

Just like raising them, letting them go takes baby steps. You'll be OK. I just know you will.

Blessings,
Martha

Queenie Jeannie said...

I LOVE cross stitching! I can't wait to see the project you're going to do!!! Just be sure to photograph your progress. I know I tend to buy the bigger ones and it takes a while to see anything, lol.

I'm glad to see this post. I think you're heading in the right direction!! HUGS!

Sueann said...

As a matter of fact..I am! And it is so exciting!!I am grabbing the moments and flying with them in new directions.
Enjoy your new paths too!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Amy DM said...

I can't wait to see how your project turns out. I was just working on a gift for someone for Christmas as well. It's so relaxing.

Carolina said...

Good luck Mimi :-)