Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Great Christmas Music

I've been lucky enough to work with Sony Masterworks and have received two great Christmas CD's that I wanted to share with you.

Winter's Songs, a Windham Hill Christmas

This is an awesome instrumental holiday disc.  This is perfect for a quiet night at home or as great background music for a dinner party.  I'm not always a big fan of instrumental music, but this will be at the top of my rotation this year.

Wilson Phillips, Christmas in Harmony

Wilson Phillips harmonies are just as sweet as they were in the 80's, and this is a fun, upbeat Christmas disc of favorites and songs I hadn't heard before.  This would be the music to put on after dinner when the party commences!

Both of these albums will make your holidays brighter, they have really helped me get into the holiday spirit.

I'd like to thank Sony Masterworks for sending me these discs to review.

9 comments:

Sueann said...

Thanks for the heads up on the CD's. I will have to look them up!
Maybe iTunes will have them now? I will try.
Hugs
SueAnn

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I love the Windham Hill collections....I own several of them myself. Wilson Phillips is another favorite of mine. They do have the most wonderful harmony. Thank you so much for sharing them with us. XXOO K

Mimi N said...

I've never heard of Windham Hill. I heard bits and pieces of Wilson Phillips CD and thought it sounded good! Been a long time since they've sung together!

~Meems

Rebecca Jo said...

Oh my gosh - being a 80's teen, I LOVED Wilson Phillips... I'm totally going to have to check that out!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Oh man!! Those sound awesome!!! I love Wilson Phillips!

Amy said...

I love holiday music. Thanks for sharing.

Liz Mays said...

I had no idea Wilson Phillips was still recording!

KimT said...

Great recommendations - thanks!

Martha said...

I play Christmas music from the day after Thanksgiving till New Years. I'll definitely be checking these out. Thanks for the recommendations!


Peace,
Martha