Saturday, January 24, 2009

Book Review

Photobucket

Normally I put my book reviews under the "Books" tab at the top, but this book was so good I wanted all of you to read about it.

The Geography of Love is a memoir by Glenda Burgess. It's a love story about her relationship with her husband and eventually his cancer. I read a lot of memoirs, biographies & autobiographies, but this one really moved me.

The emotion in her writing & storytelling caught me in a place that few books do. I cried. I felt her story. But unlike some writings about cancer, even through the agony & ugliness there is always beauty in her tale.

I would recommend this book to everyone, it will really move you.

5 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I love book review posts. Thanks for sharing. Sounds very interesting.

Diane said...

i like the title. :)

Rachel Ann said...

Thanks for stopping by on my SITS day last week...I feel so loved and overwhelmed with all the comments! Sorry it's taken me so long to respond back!

Book recommendations always make me look for the book...thanks!

Jane Anne said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I have not heard of this one.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

That does sound good! I'll have to check it out.

Take care my friend!