Monday, January 5, 2009

My bloggy friend Diane over at Good Mourning, Glory introduced me to Music Memory Monday. Last week she featured one of my favorite songs ever, Just Like Heaven, by The Cure.

Music Memory Monday is hosted by Jeff & Me + 3

I knew I wanted to play along this week & was trying to figure out what song to choose. I love TONS of music from Sinatra to Suicidal Tendencies, John Denver to Bob Marley, Elvis to Depeche Mode.

My 13 yr. old Jack solved this problem for me in a rather unfortunate way. His first girl friend broke up with him this week. He was laying around listening to sad music & I said, "you can't listen to break up music without listening to Last Night I Dreamt, by The Smiths." Voila, my selection had made itself. Jack didn't dig The Smiths too much, but he does share my undying devotion for The Cure, so he is forgiven.



This is the original 5 minute version with the loooong instrumental opening. The second version shows Morrissey actually singing it in 2006 & is only 3 minutes long.

Put on your black eyeliner, your old Doc Marten's & your sulky attitude & enjoy The Smiths.















3 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I dated a guy back in the day that totally loved the Smith's & the Cure. Just like Heaven was a favorite. The Smith's have such a distinct sound.

Diane said...

Look at me! I'm pouty and different! lol!

I LOVE all music too. And am so happy my kids are hip to it too!
Thanks for sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

parenteral violator spell mitigation sure seeking strategy centurygreat blogosphere legitimate timetabled
lolikneri havaqatsu